Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pug
    • Nov 2019

Eco Worthy  Hybrid 600w Inverter/charger with one of there 100Amp LiFepo

Ok so a Eco Worthy Hybrid 600w Inverter/charger with one of there 100Amp LiFepo and the battery read's 1 volt higher on the inverter/charger display than it is on any of my 4 test meters i have its sitting out there charging for the first time right now and the inverter is one bar short of full charged battery showing 14.6 on the inverter test meter says its only13.6 its like its a full 1v under on the inverter display any ideas anyone.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by pug
    ....... any ideas anyone.
    Wire resistance causing voltage drop between the two points you are measuring . Or calibration difference between different devices. i am not clear about your measurements and whether you are using the same measurment device at two different points.
    Do you have a meter that can measure voltage and resistance? if you know the current you could use Ohm's law to calculate the resistance.
    Last edited by Ampster; 09-01-2023, 04:50 PM.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• pug
      • Nov 2019

Was taking the meter readings at the battery it was just worrying to to me as the panel reading on the battery hit 14.9 and the max in on the battery is 14.7 after it finished its charge is was sitting at 13.3 on the panel and reading the same on the battery with the test meter there is no setting on the inverter for a LiFepo just flooded an Agm and a user setting that i have it on where you give it the charge rate and top out voltage that was set to top out at 14.7 its running now with a 120w 10amp load and the inverter and test meter have been reading the same for the past 4 hours so looks to be ok it was just showing that 1 volt extra on the inverter when charging that gave me a little worry it was getting to many volt's

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

Yes I would worry about too many volts also. . 14.9 is too high for LFP. That is 3.7 volts per cell. I am surprised your BMS did not cut out. I only charge my LFP to 3.45 per cell which is 13.8 volts and they settle to 3.3 volts after charging, which is normal.
        Last edited by Ampster; 09-02-2023, 04:32 PM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• jjww
          • Jun 2023

Is this the ECO SC60A? if so it most certainly has a lifepo4 setting on pg 8 of the manual

Comment

• pug
            • Nov 2019

No its a Eco Worthy Hybrid 800w Inverter/charger i was thinking it was only 600w but its 800w and its working fine doing its job it just reads 1 volt full over on its display so when the battery's at 14.6 its reading 15.6 on the display. A bit off an ass but i can live with it not worth the ass in changing the unit with them over it

Comment

Working...